請各位先登陸 (studentID,Moodle 密碼登陸),後編輯
請各位使用左方之工具列上的上載文件連結上載習作相關的相片

HK Electric defaults natural gas on power

出自香港新聞網 - 樹仁新傳系學生實習習作

跳轉到: 導航, 搜尋

Since the nuclear crisis took place in Japan, nuclear power, which is often used for generating electricity, has been a big concern among local citizens. Esme Lau, the Public Affairs Manager of Power Assets Holdings Ltd., clarified that HK Electric didn’t rely on any nuclear energy to generate electricity. “The default raw material we use for power generation while turning on the generating unit is natural gas.”

Cassandra Guo



“We use natural gas to generate 30% of electricity while the other 70% is generated by burning coal. Since natural gas is comparatively cleaner energy, we will act in concert with the government’s (environmental) policy to further reduce the emissions levels of harmful gases by adjusting (the consumption of natural resources).”


HK Electric and CLP Power are the two major power companies in Hong Kong. CLP Power, which owns the Daya Bay Nuclear Power Station, the only nuclear plant in Hong Kong, serves customers in the New Territories, Kowloon, Lantau and most of the outlying islands, while HK Electric, the subsidiary of Power Assets Holdings Ltd., supplies and distributes electricity to customers located at different parts of Hong Kong and Lamma islands.


According to the electricity charges rates listed on the websites of both companies, the net rate of HK Electric for each of the first 150 units is 90.9 cents per unit by a monthly consumption. It is comparatively higher than that of CLP Power, which charges 78.2 cents per unit for each of the first 400 units by a bimonthly consumption.


“Even the real estate prices of Kowloon and Hong Kong Island are varied. It is not surprising to see the differences in electricity charges.” Lau defended the higher electricity charges for her company. “We use underground cables in the transmission system so that our electricity supply is very stable. Only 1 minute of irregular supply of electricity occurs each year on average.”

[Fantastic article. It remains focused on the subject of the headline, and is well written. Great job!]
個人工具