請各位先登陸 (studentID,Moodle 密碼登陸),後編輯
請各位使用左方之工具列上的上載文件連結上載習作相關的相片

Power Assets will not develop nuclear energy

出自香港新聞網 - 樹仁新傳系學生實習習作

跳轉到: 導航, 搜尋

Environment protection is a global issue.( Esme Lau, the Public Affairs manager of Power Assets Holdings says the company will put every effort to reduce the carbon emission while she was holding a talk in Shue Yan University today(date?). “But not developing nuclear energy,” said Lau(incomplete sentence in quote-a bit abrupt).

Power Assets Holding, which generate electricity on Hong Kong and Lamma Island, used to rely on coal-fired generation in the past(how long ago?). But now, there is 30% of energy supply generated by burning natural gas with the remaining 70% still fired-coal energy (this contradicts the first sentence of the paragraph, as 70% means they still largely rely on coal-fired generation). However, some (green sweater workers-who are these people?) were not satisfied with this proportion. They believe Power Assets could use more natural gas or other renewable energy resources. Lau claimed that they wanted to do more on protecting the environment, but they also needed to follow the restrictions set by the government.(need to tell reader what the restrictions are-specific figures)

“ The clause of our license limits our use of natural gas, we need to (match up(inap)) the policy of the government,” said Lau. “Anyway, we will make natural gas our first priority.”

(((Nuclear energy plant is another feasible way to develop. But after the accident in Fukushima, Japan, people were doubtful about the safety of nuclear generation. Lau emphasized that nuclear energy was utmost safety in the view of engineers, yet they should also consider the feeling of citizens. So Power Assets have no intension to develop nuclear energy plant in this stage.))) (argument lacks substance)

Your news angle is no nuclear energy for power assets, however you wrote mostly about the company's energy supply. You had useful precise figures, so perhaps that should be your focus. If not, you need to say more on the reason why they will not consider nuclear energy.
個人工具