請各位先登陸 (studentID,Moodle 密碼登陸),後編輯
請各位使用左方之工具列上的上載文件連結上載習作相關的相片

TDM’s Way-out Competing Hong Kong Media

出自香港新聞網 - 樹仁新傳系學生實習習作

跳轉到: 導航, 搜尋

(Your lead makes sense but you need to spend more effort on your sentence structure. I would put it this way: Macau people prefer Hong Kong TVs over local broadcasters so in order to lure back its audience, improve the quality of local news is the way out, said Leong Kam Chun, the chairman of the executive committee of TDM, Macau's biggest TV broadcaster. Leong did mention the name USSR, apparently mistook it for Russia, the nation we all come to know nowadays. Your story is well organized but you have to work harder on your sentence structure. I would suggest you using simple expression like "money reward" instead of "pecuniary reward" for the sake of your readers.)


By SIU, Hnag Nam, 2012-10-09- Macau people watch significantly more Hong Kong TV channels than local production in Macau. News is the way out of Teledifusao de Macau (TDM), according to Leong Kam Chun, the Chairman of TDM’s Executive Committee.


Leong pointed out that the priority of local TV channels in Macau is only the third, right behind TVB Jade and ATV Local, among Macau audience. He described the inferior position of as “being bullied”.


“Locals must watch local news.” Leong said. He considered drama and commentary was incomparable with Hong Kong TV channels, he decided to focus on developing the news unit. He said that a TV channel has to depend on local news to survive. He commented on the weakness of Macau news: no suicide, no protesting, and no riots in Macau. One tactic he used to change the TDM news, according to him, was to sending reporters aboard for foreign news.


“Reporters go to place like USSR (T he Union of Soviet Socialist Republics) and London to cover a story.” Leong said.

To enhance the competiveness of TDM, Leong used a management style in private enterprise to operate TDM. Leong put forward a grading system to decide on the level of reporter’s salaries, by which to add pressure on reporters. He tried to encourage reporters by pecuniary reward, and hanging up a banner to praise the ‘best’ news story.


Leong said that he rated programmes by reference of TAM(tam-o'-shanter). Irene Sung, an experienced pressman, pointed out News Magazine was commented by Hong Kong audience a good programme despite its low TAM.


“A programme with social value should be allow to survive.” Leong reacted after Sung’s opinion.


“The strength of Hong Kong (TV channels) is being chased behind” Leong said. He quoted a recent study in Macau that 60% if the Macau audience watch TVB Jade and the rest 40% watch TDM.
個人工具